Sunday 15 April 2012

Broadway Tower

This is something a little different for my blog but something I felt you might enjoy...!
When I'm at home with my parents we often go for walks and explore the local area.  Broadway is probably my favourite village in the Cotswolds.  Yes, it is a little touristy but it has some really lovely shops and cafe's and the sun always seems to be shining there!  Today we went to Broadway Tower...


The tower was built in 1798 and has been a printing company, a farm and a lookout during the First World War but is now a country attraction.  To be honest, the museum side of the tower wasn't the most exciting but the views are worth every penny of the £4.50 entry price.
One of my favourite things was the Cotswold stone used to build the tower, I love how it's become mottled, it almost looks like a floral print and looks gorgeous next to the bright blue sky.
On the way home we munched on peanut brittle and headed in to town for a cheeky bit of shopping.  I picked up some L'Occitane hand creams and an Emma Bridgewater mug... country fabulous!
Hope you're making the most of the Springtime...!

No comments:

Post a Comment