Saturday 17 September 2011

A snippet of London

I'm back from the most fabulous mini trip to London!  Very tired today but it was worth it.  I kept falling asleep on the train home and waking up to a man watching me. Alarming. But THAT is how tired I am!
I started the day at Paddington, ready to peruse Topshop on Oxford Street (and embarrassingly head to toe in recent Topshop purchases...!)




Dress: Topshop
Cardigan: Topshop
Bag: Topshop
Hat: New Look
Bracelet: Thomas Sabo
Belt: River Island
Lipstick: Topshop in Rumour Has It


This dress is so wearable and comfy but must admit it doesn't cope well with the gusts of wind in the London underground!  I was accidentally giving a bit of an eyeful to passers by all morning, as well as trying to keep hold of my hat!


I walked up and down Oxford street from 11 until 4, soaking up the buzz of fashion week and getting my fill of the high street.  Later, my friend Annabel and I headed to Borough market and found a delightful little tea room in which to indulge in MACARONS! (a personal fave!)



Just look at the size of those meringues! And here are the macarons themselves, vanilla, strawberry and chocolate.


They really were beautiful, and not just to look at!
In the evening, we headed to Clapham for a night on the tiles and we had SUCH a great time.  I wore a black and white polka dot dress (didn't get a pic I'm afraid!) to match my polka dot nails and did my hair and make up like this:


Foundation: Mac Studio Fix Fluid in NC25
Concealer: Benefit Erase Paste in no. 2 Medium
Bronzer: Mac in Refined Golden
Blusher: Topshop in Flushed
Lipstick: Topshop in Pillow Talk
Eyebrows: Benefit Brow-zing!
Mascara: DiorShow Extase
Eyelashes: Eylure Naturalites

I curled my hair using GHDs.

I'm gutted a didnt get a good photo of this dress because I am head over heels for it!  I also have it in a plain Oxblood colour (yes, I know! More Oxblood!) and it really is the most wonderfully flattering shape.  I paired it with black opaques and patent platform heels.
Hope you girls have had a lovely weekend too!


4 comments:

  1. You look beautiful and so is your blog :) I'm off to London soon again and I really can't wait.

    xx

    http://www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i live in London and I've been to Borough market so many times so will have to look out for that little tea room next time I'm there :-)

    Glad you had such a good time in London Town. Love your outfit, espesh the Topshop dress - pretty!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your make-up and hair looks flawless! Really like your TS dress as well - don't worry I've flashed loads of people what with the wind recently. Oops.

    http://victoriasprocrastinationproject.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so beautiful, love your outfit :)

    Love Christine ♥

    ReplyDelete