Saturday 24 September 2011

Eyebrows/HD Brows review.

Hello lovelies!
Apologies again for my short hiatus.  It's so easy to forget how much work goes in to moving in to a new uni house, from making sure you have adequate storage to attempting to fit all your clothes into an inadequate wardrobe to building a bookcase (YES! I built a bookcase....from Ikea but even so.  My first foray into the world of flat-pack furniture was largely successful!).  Because of that blogging had to take a back seat but I am slowly getting back into routine and getting round to writing everything that I have had planned.

So!  I think women often feel that shaping their eyebrows is a daunting task that can so easily go wrong so often spend money getting them threaded/waxed etc.  Whilst I am a huge fan of threading, (and think you should have it done every once in a while!) as a student it simply isn't feasible to be throwing my pennies away like that all the time!  With this is mind I thought I would show you the 'rules' of eyebrow shaping at home.


1. To determine where your brow should start, hold a pencil or make-up brush along one side of your nose.  Where it crosses the inner corner of your brow is where it should begin.  Unfortunately my brows start a little short of that point so I just let mine start where they begin!
2. Now angle the brush across the iris which will show you where the highest point of the arch should be.
3. Finally angle it to the end of the outer corner of the eye which is where the brow should end.
4. With those angles and lengths in mind, use tweezers to pluck the stray hairs.  Don't be afraid to pluck above the brow if you need to but be careful!  Once this is done fill in the brows using light, feathery strokes as if you were drawing individual hairs.  I have used the HD Brows kit that I received in my first glossy box, see here.

As you can see in the pre-filled photos, my eyebrows are VERY fair compared to my hair colour and also very thin.  Because of that I ALWAYS fill in my brows and I think it is a really important step in the daily make up regime.  It works wonders to lift your face and complete your eye make up.

As for the HD Brows kit, I'm a fan.  I had been using a Benefit gel eyebrow kit and hadn't used powder before. I'VE BEEN MISSING OUT.  The powder is so much more subtle and natural looking.  I have done them quite lightly in these photos because it was day time, using the second darkest shade.
I'm afraid that the crack in my set has gotten worse and just crumbled on my way to uni:


Disappointing but as I said, that particular colour isn't the right shade for my brows so I'm not too upset!

Today is a chores day, slowly getting my life in order!  Here's what I'm wearing:


Dress: Topshop
Belt: River Island
Cardigan: Topshop (old!)

Please ignore my horrendously clashing nails!  They will be getting a different lick of paint before the day is through!

Hope everyone is well,


3 comments:

  1. Ohmigod, that Topshop cardigan... I NEED it! You say it's old? But... I WANT it! So unfair! :-(

    Will focus on what you've written about brows now (if I can take my eyes off that cardi!!!)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha it is he COSIEST thing in the world and smells like wool. mmm!
    It's not THAT old, last Christmas so you could prob find it on eBay?.. in fact! Here it is:

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOPSHOP-FAIR-ISLE-Design-NAVAHO-Shawl-COLLAR-Cardigan-UK-10-/170699631144?pt=UK_Women_s_Jumpers_Cardigans&hash=item27be7daa28#ht_1728wt_1344

    Happy bidding ha!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. seeing cracked cosmetics makes me sad, I love the outfit btw, great post! (:

    ReplyDelete