Sunday 11 September 2011

5 of the best... Accent Nails!

This weekend was the first annual Ilmington music festival.  Ilmington is my neighbouring village with a population of only 730 people so it really is incredible that we were able to put together a choir, a mini opera, an orchestra and a jazz band!  It was a lovely day with some really lovely weather and I really enjoyed performing.  Because I've been so busy, I didnt get a chance to do a proper outfit post but this is what I wore...








Top: Topshop
Skirt (and belt that comes with it!): River Island
Necklace: Vivienne Westwood


This really isn't the best photo of me or the outfit but I thought I would show you anyway since I LOVE this skirt so much that I bought it in two colours!  At 25 pounds plus a free belt I think it is a bargain and oxblood is my new favourite colour/obsession.  Matched with the green top it was very much a jewel trend look.
















My main purpose of the post however is to show you 5 of my favourite nail looks!
Accent nails are still really popular (painting 4 of your nails one colour with one contrasting nail) and I'm a big fan.  I have been rocking the midnight blue and silver combo for the past few days and got lots of compliments as well as a few confused older people... (did you know one of your nails is another colour?...Yes actually!)






1. Nude Espresso
The baby pink is Nails Inc in Elizabeth Street
The brown shade is Nails Inc in Jermyn Street

For those of you who like the trend but arent sure if you are brave enough to go neon or sparkles, why not try two muted shades?  Sleek and stylish.  Jermyn street was a cult buy of last year and I can completely see why.  The lovely light chocolate brown shade looks sophisticated and subtle and matches everything.

2. Union Jack
The bright blue is Models Own in Feeling Blue
The red is Nails Inc in the Hurlingham

Blue and red is one of my FAVOURITE colour combinations!  It always gives such a pop to any outfit. Apologies for the awful blue painting!  I only did one coat... but it does show you the difference between your premium polishes and brands such as Models Own.  I adore Models Own colours and think they were great value for money but you really can't beat Nails Inc or OPI for a thick slick of colour in a hurry.  Either way, a fun colour combo!

3.  Molten Wine
The Wine shade is Topshop in Daredevil
The Gold is Claire's Accessories (I know!)

As I said earlier, oxblood and wine red are my current obsession.  Paired with metallics, the richness of the colour really shines through.  This topshop polish is a lovely shade with a light glitter, but it definitely needs at least 2 coats, maybe more.  This gold polish has been in my possession for 3 years!  I bought it to wear at my 6th form leavers ball (aahhh so young and fresh faced!).  It's from Claire's accessories would you believe and I have to say, it really is good.  It's a very flattering shade of gold for my skin tone and you only need one coat for a lovely hit of colour.

4. Candy Shop
The baby blue is American Apparel in L'Espirit
The turquoise shade is Rimmel Pro in Peppermint

This American Apparel polish was one of those things when you're at the till and something catches your eye and you know you HAVE to have it!  It is quite a thick polish but I think the colour is just so unusual and beautiful.  I paired it with the turquoise when I was thinking of doing an ombre nail but thought the two together looked too lovely to clutter with other shades!  Pastel perfection.

5. Midnight Sky
The navy is Nails Inc in Kabaret
The silver is Nails Inc in Kingly Street

This is my absolute fav combination which is why I left it until last (I'm still wearing it as I type this, chip free I might add!).  The blue has a gorgeous rich metallic shimmer and is a great variation on the gothic black nails look.  This silver polish was in the sale at Nails Inc a long time ago and I'm really glad I snapped it up because it is very similar to their Holligraphic polishes that they sell now.  I'm a little bit in love with it.  It is just so glittery!  It looks fab with the navy but also with the wine shade (from number 3).

So, which is your favourite?  Do you like the accent nail trend?


2 comments:

  1. you have such a cute blog!! love how you do your nails with the different colors, i do that too sometimes! right now i only have one nail painted... blue. i loooove blue shades of nail polish.

    [ blog | twitter ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! So many shades of blue. That navy one from Nails Inc is my absolute fave now though its suuuuuch a lovely colour.
    Models Own blues are always a winner...
    Thanks for the comment!
    x

    ReplyDelete