Sunday 4 September 2011

Smoky Taupe

When I was on holiday in Spain I got a little bit over excited when I stumbled upon a Sephora.
For those of you who don't know (where have you been?!), it's an AMAZING make up, perfume and beauty shop, very reasonably priced and most importantly/sadly NO LONGER IN THE UK!
Which means it would be rude NOT to stock up on their numerous goodies!
One of the things I snapped up was this eye palette from Too Faced.

It's a lovely little selection of a few of their best selling eye shadows.
The look I will be showing you today is the "Naked Eye"! (Not as saucy as it sounds guys...!)




























So!
Start off by doing your base as you normally would.
I've used:
Foundation: Mac Studio Fix Fluid in NC25
Concealer: Benefit Erase Paste in Medium (I got a little carried away, sorry for the Panda Eyes!)
Bronzer: Mac Bronzing Powder in Refined Golden
Blusher: Benefit Coralista
Lip Tint: Benefit Posie Tint
Eyebrows: Benefit Browzings in Medium

Then you're good to go!

You will need:
Too Faced - Eye Love Palette (Satin Sheets and Like a Virgin)

I have also used:
Maxfactor False Lash Effect mascara in Black Brown (I bought this colour by accident, I would usually go for black!  but to be honest I've barely noticed the difference.)
Bobbi Brown Longwear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

1/ Sweep 'Satin Sheets' all over the lid and right up to the brow.
Don't be afraid to do a few layers and really press the shadow onto your lids.

2/  Load your brush with 'Like a Virgin' and press it onto the outer edge of your eye and along the socket line.  Place a little under your lower lash line to give a nice smoky look.

3/ Put lashings of a volumising mascara and a slick of liquid eyeliner to finish off the look.

And ta daaa!
My eyes have suddenly expanded!
I really love these shadows.  'Satin Sheets' gives such a gorgeous sheen and they're also not just night time products.
For a daytime look, skip the eyeliner, take the shadow a little further from the brow and use a little less mascara. Beaut.

More from this palette to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment