Sunday 4 September 2011

Nude Leopard

So, you would have to be living under a rock these days to have missed out on the nail art trend.
It's been particularly popular with bloggers, probably keen to flex their arty muscles!
And I am no exception.  I love nail polishes anyway and any excuse to spend time on my nails is all right by me!
I recently saw this on Gem Fatale's blog.  If you're not familiar with it I can highly recommend it. Love her dress and love her writing style.
Leopard nails have been everywhere but mainly in neon blues, pinks and lilacs.
I LOVE this as a look but I think this nude version is just a lovely classy take on the trend. And it's SO easy!
Here is what you will need:


I have used:
Base Coat: Nails Inc Kensington Basecoat Caviar
Colour: Nails Inc in Warwick Avenue
Pen: Models Own Wah Nails Nail Art Pen (as you can say, mine has been very well loved! It's filthy...!)
Top Coat: Nails Inc Kensington Topcoat Caviar

Obviously the base and top coat aren't essential but I think its a good habit to get in to because the last thing you want is yellow discoloured nails.
I only used one coat of base and one coat of the lovely pink shade because the base needn't be too solid.  The main focus is on the detail!
Using the pen end of the wah nails pen start to draw small incomplete circles and lines in a leopard fashion!  I found this easier by finding an image of leopard print online.
Once done, give them a lick of a nice glossy topcoat to keep them safe from chips and smudges and to give them a good shine.

What do you think?


2 comments:

  1. Woo, these look awesome! Thanks for the sweet words :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome! I was thinking of getting one of those pens, but I wasn't sure it would come out well - you've changed my mind!

    x. jill
    those ghosts

    ReplyDelete