Thursday 22 September 2011

...me again!

Hello all!
So, on Monday I moved back up to university into a new house with 5 other girls (EXCITING!) hence why I have been quiet over the last few days!  There is so much unpacking to do and I have an inordinate/embarrassing amount of cosmetics/beauty products/clothes/general crap that I probably don't need!  So, considering how busy I've been, I've not had a whole lot of time to post.  With that in mind, I thought I'd give you a snippet of my room and the general mess I'm living in!






As you can see, it's all very much a work in progress but it's exciting to be able to put your stamp on a room and do something different and new.
My wardrobe is absolutely STUFFED.  It's a struggle to get anything in/out of there.  Just done a huge clear out but I think I'll have to do another...


The only other thing I have been up to is a cheeky bit of baking for my friend Sam's birthday.  I donned my Cath Kidston apron and whipped up some red velvet cupcakes.



Ingredients
60g butter at room temperature
1 egg
150g caster sugar
10g cocoa
10ml red food colouring
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
120ml buttermilk
150g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
Frosting
300g icing sugar, sifted
50g butter at room temperature
125g cream cheese, chilled


1. Preheat the oven to 180C.

2. Cream the butter, egg and sugar until light and fluffy.

3. In a separate bowl mix the cocoa powder, food colouring and vanilla extract. Once mixed add to the creamed mixture.

4. Mix carefully until combined and then add half the buttermilk, mix further and add half the flour and the baking powder. Mix thoroughly before adding the remainder of the buttermilk and flour and mixing further.

5. Add the white wine vinegar, bicarbonate of soda and salt and mix thoroughly for at least 5 mins.

6. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 mins or until the cupcakes spring back slightly when touched.

7. Allow the cupcakes to cool slightly before turning out onto a wire cooling rack.

8. In the meantime, to make the frosting cream the icing sugar and butter together until well mixed.

9. Add the cream cheese and mix until it is incorporated. Continue beating until the frosting is light and fluffy for at least 5 mins.

10. Use a spatula to layer the frosting on top of the cupcakes.

EAT! and show off to your friends.  The red colour of the sponge always surprises people and they taste great.

More from me soon, sorry again for my mini hiatus!  I am attempting to build an ikea bookcase today... wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment