Wednesday 14 September 2011

Smoky Green

The beauty world is abuzz with vintage and khaki greens at the minute and I couldn't be happier!  Since I have hazel eyes (and maybe because of my Irish blood!) I have always loved green, and green loves my complexion!
So here's what I picked up on a recent trip to Boots:
Revlon Colorstay eyeshadow palette in Steel Impressions and Models Own nail polish in Grace Green






Revlon Colorstay palettes are a firm favourite among beauty journos and bloggers alike but this is the first I have ever bought!  So far, I'm impressed. Here's what I did,



1/ Sweep the pale white shade all over the lid and right up to the brow.
Don't be afraid to really press the shadow onto your lids.  I don't like my base to be too white as I think it can make me look a little washed out but if it suits you, layer it on!


2/  Load your brush with the silver shade and press it onto the outer edge of your eye and along the socket line.  Place a little under your lower lash line to give a nice smoky look.


3/ layer your brush with green shadow and apply from the middle of your eyelid, into the crease and also underneath your lower lash line.
Use the black shadow like a liner on your lash line and in the outer corner of your eye. Finish with lashings of mascara (as ever!).



And there it is!
I like these shadows in terms of quality and wearability but I was a little disappointed that the green wasnt a little stronger or more vivid.  I think next time I will skip the silver and focus on the green instead. I will let you know how I get on!





Since it is no longer summer, the tropical blue shades that I have been so keen on over the past few months are feeling a little out of place with my autumn wardrobe...  Cue, Grace Green!


Just two coats, (I couldnt find my top coat so haven't applied that yet), and it's already lovely and glossy.  I really like this shade.  It's fun but sophisticated and will look great paired with my topshop Rumour Has It, lippie! (see the post below!)

Are you loving green this season?



No comments:

Post a Comment