Tuesday 5 June 2012

Nottingham has the Elite Model Look


I was recently invited to a very exciting event taking place in our very own Victoria Centre, Nottingham!


Elite Models, the brand who launched the careers of Gisele Bundchen and Cindy Crawford have recently joined forced with the Capital shopping centres, LOOK Magazine and LOOK Beauty in order to search for the UK’s next top male and female models.  They have been touring the country looking for 24 finalists who will undertake a week long boot camp, the winners of which will compete in The Elite Model Look World Final resulting in an international modelling contract.



One lucky winner will also be chosen to be the face of LOOK beauty, and that’s where the fun part came in!  During the event, make up artists were on hand to give entrants a free make over using LOOK Beauty products.



I had a little chat with the MUA as she did my make up and she said she was very impressed with all of the products she had been given to use.  They were basically doing two key looks:  a bold brow and bold lip combo or a subtle shimmery eye which I have recreated at home...



The first look is the Shimmery Eye.
I have used:

Blush: 'Make Me Blush' in 'Flush'
Eyeshadows: 'Statement eyes' in 'Luxe' (lid) and 'Suede' (crease)
Eyeliner: 'Flirty Flick' in 'Black'
Highlighter: 'Glow & Go'
(all LOOK Beauty)

The shadows are well pigmented and 'Luxe' is a gorgeous glittery gold.  The glitter is quite large meaning it catches the light beautifully.  Suede is a dark brown shimmery shade, perfect for shaping the eye but also very pretty on its own for a dark smoky look.  The highlighter feels very nice on the skin and blends very well but isn't particularly noticeable or well pigmented.  It is a nice product though and perfect for the day time when you don't want too much shimmer on your skin.  The blusher is a gorgeous shimmery pink, lightly pigmented but builds very easily.  I can see myself using this product often as it is a perfect match for my skin tone and the shimmer is subtle but lovely.  The eyeliner is the stand out product for me.  It is a brilliant shape giving you great control over the pen, it glides over your lid and creates a jet black line with one sweep!



The second look is a bright pop lip and bold brow.
I have used:
Lipstick: LOOK 'Double Hit Lip' in 'Rose Riot' (see my review here!)
Eyebrows: HD Brows
Mascara; Loreal Telescopic Lash, Waterproof in Black

On the day, the MUA used a LOOK Beauty eye shadow to fill in my brows, but I prefer to use my HD Brows Kit (I never use anything else!).  As the lip is the main focus, eyes need to be kept simple but I threw on a few coats of mascara to make my eyes pop a little too.  The Double Hit Lipstick and Lipgloss Duo is actually a product I already own and use fairly regularly.  I often use the lipgloss on its own as it has a lovely candy sweet smell and gives a subtle pink gloss to lips without being too bright.  This look reminded me just how lovely the lipstick paired with the gloss is.  The lipstick is creamy and smooth and well pigmented but does need fairly frequent reapplying.  Despite that, I think it's worth the effort!

Overall I am really impressed with the LOOK Beauty range.  Because it is created by a magazine I think it is easy to be dubious about its quality but from everything I have seen, these fears are unfounded!  I was given a few more products to try out so expect some more reviews in the next few weeks.

The Elite Model Look tour continues in Dublin this Saturday, the 9th June, so if you are an aspiring model then get yourself down there for a once in a lifetime opportunity!  For more information visit http://www.elitemodellook.com/ .  Otherwise, if like me you just like a good make over, head over there and pamper yourself!  The LOOK Beauty range is available in most Superdrug stores.

Have you tried any LOOK Beauty products?  What do you make of the Elite Model Look competition?


No comments:

Post a Comment