Monday 26 December 2011

Boxing Day and Review: Enrapture Encode Totem Styler

I am currently writing this filled to the brim with food and drink, sat by the fire and surrounded by family...  HAPPY PLACE!
In my family, Boxing Day is almost more important than Christmas day as it's the day when the whole of my dad's family comes to visit.  Because of that I always make an extra effort to look smart and ready to entertain!
























Dress: Urban Outfitters
Boots: Miss Selfridge

This dress is my absolute favourite recent purchase!
After singing at a wedding I had 2 hours to kill in Bath and, being me, decided to do so in the city's shopping centre!  Since there's no Urban Outfitter in Nottingham or in Ye Olde Countryside, that was my first port of call! And there it was.
I really love the colour of this dress.  The print is discrete and the shape is ladylike but also fun with the cut out panels in the back.  I paired it with opaques and my black Acne style ankle boots from Miss Selfridge (I wear these TO DEATH) to keep it reasonably casual but it could easily be dressed up with bare legs and peep toes.  I know I will be wearing this again at the first possible opportunity!

I kept my makeup simple with my usual day to day look, a a little bronzer, a little blusher and some added High Beam (highlighter) to give my skin a dewy glow.
























It's also the first day I've been able to play with my Christmas goodies!


I went straight for the Enrapture Encode Totem Styler.
EXCITING.
I have been looking for hair curlers for a while but when I read about these online I knew they were the ones for me!  The unique barrel tong has three sections which can be set to different temperatures to create the perfect curl, as loose or as tight as you'd like them to be!


Just spin the dial to set the temperature of your choice.  I opted for 1-2-1 giving me a defined curl that starts and ends gradually.  I used the flipper to clamp my hair at the bottom and curl it away from my face and held it there for about 10 seconds per curl.



As you can see, I'm really quite pleased with the result!  I curled my hair at around 10:30 this morning and as I am typing this 12 hours later my curls are just as defined and bouncy!

Overall I am really pleased with these curlers.  They heat up quickly, the flipper holds the hair in place unlike other curlers I have used in the past and the results are just what I was looking for.  I can't wait to try out different combinations and styles, I'm sure I'll be posting again.

Have you used these curlers before? Or will you be buying them in the future?

Hope everyone has had a lovely Boxing Day!

2 comments:

  1. love that dress! the cutout is so cute :) i'm off to urban outfitters tomorrow and i'll definitely keep a look out for it.

    cute blog, too! following! :D

    www.lifeasadaydreamer.blogspot.com

    -Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so lovely :)

    your neweest follower Michelle
    pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete