Sunday 8 January 2012

Review: Deborah Lippmann, Happy Birthday

I must admit that whenever I have seen reviews or swatches of the various rainbow glitter polishes I've been left largely uninspired.  Its quite lucky then that I stumbled across this beauty on a trip to House of Fraser...



















































Nails - Deborah Lippmann in Happy Birthday and Nails Inc in Bruton Street

Almost an exact dupe for OPI's Raindbow Connection, the Deborah Lippmann contains numerous sizes and shades of glitter on a clear polish base.  After three coats the nail is coated in glitter (but not too much!) and looks just as fab with a dusky pink (as above) as it does with Slate Grey or black.  It's a really versatile polish with just one problem... IT REALLY DOESN'T PHOTOGRAPH WELL!
I think the reason I was uninspired by it was because it looks a little sparse and tacky in photographs because you cant see the shine and how it catches the light but trust me.  Go and find a tester and try it out.
It is quite an expensive polish coming in at a hefty £14 but I imagine this will last me for a really long time and frankly, I cant stop staring at my ring finger as I type which is surely what it's aaaall about!

This gorgeous rose shade was part of my Christmas haul and yet again Nails Inc have produced a wearable, highly pigmented flattering shade.  I can see this becoming a staple in my day to day nailwear!

What do you think of glitter polishes?  Are you still in love with them or are you getting a little bored?


3 comments:

  1. I love glitter nail polishes! This is so so pretty :)

    Gem x
    www.twinklebug.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking at the Deborah Lippmann All that Jazz set in House of Frazer today but I did feel like spending £25+ on three nail polishes.

    Please check out my new blog when you get a chance. I have just posted a haul from shopping today.

    Lauren x

    http://allthingsbeautymake-upandshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! it reminds me of a party with confetti or a cake with sprinkles! So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete