Monday 2 January 2012

NYE: Day to Night

So, first things first.... HAPPY 2012!
























Vest, blazer and jeans: Topshop
Trainers: Converse.  (I actually got these in China some time circa. 2006...!)
Fur: Topshop
Bracelet and Necklace: Thomas Sabo

Hope everyone had a great New Years Eve and here's to the year ahead...
This is what I wore during the day AND night for New Years Eve, with a few minor adjustments...!  Because I had a 2 and a half hour drive up the M6 to Manchester for my celebrations I needed to travel light and be ready for a quick change on arrival.  So, I packed my trusty Miss Selfridge 'Acne-a-like' boots to add a bit of height and my brand spanking new Too Faced 'In Your Dreams' palette and I was good to go...


Foundation: Mac Studio Fix Fluid in NC25
Bronzer: Mac in Refined Golden
Blusher: Too Faced in Wanna Play?
Lip Gloss: Too Faced in Give it Up
Brows: Benefit Brow Zing in Light
Mascara: Benefit Bad Gal Lash

On arrival I simply reapplied foundation around my T zone and under my eyes, added a few extra lashings of mascara and opted for a classic purple smoky eye.


Eyes: 
Lid to brow bone: Too Faced Eye Shadow in Full Moon (silver shimmer)
Lid: Too Faced Eye Shadow in Dream On (dark violet)
Crease and Lash Line: Too Faced Eye Shadow in Seduce (midnight blue)

This is the first time I have used this combination as instructed in the beautiful palette and I was really pleased with the result.  Although I was initially concerned as the shadows weren't as pigmented as they appeared in the palette, as I began to layer them up they blended beautifully and were actually just dark enough to create a dramatic yet classy smoky eye.  The purple really made my hazel eyes pop!

I'm becoming quite a fan of Too Faced shadows, have you tried any before? Are there any I need in my collection?
Happy New Year everyone!


2 comments:

  1. You look nice :) I love your vest with the burgundy jacket :)
    xoxoxo

    http://sparklyfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!
    A christmas present from my mum, woman's got taste..!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete