Monday 18 July 2011

Looking Like: Flowers and Embellishments














I always find it a little hard to dress during the Summer holidays.  I know that I won't be seeing anyone I know so I want to be comfy but something about doing my make up and wearing nice new clothes ALWAYS puts me in a good mood!  With this in mind, today's outfit couldn't have been better!
This blouse was something I picked up for my final concert at uni.  It's a lovely colour and I ADORE the embellished sleeves, they add a Gothic edge that should take me right through Autumn and Winter.  The trousers I got in New Look a few days ago and they are my new wardrobe pride and joy!  They are unbelievably comfortable and are perfect for the Summer 70s vibe.  I wasn't sure about trying this trend as I am very pear shaped and struggle to find flattering styles on my legs but I can honestly recommend these.  Plus the cute plaited tan belt comes with them, easy accessorising!


































The nail polish is Models Own - Utopia. (Please excuse the state of my nails, I can't remember the last time I had a manicure!).  This is such a lovely shade, somewhere in between lilac and nude. Perfect for summer.  I have also used the Silver Smash Up also from Models Own on my ring finger.  I'm always game for trying new trends on my nails and I quite like how it has turned out.  Once it starts chipping I will apply the smash up to every nail, such a quick way to keep your nails fresh without faffing around with base coats top coats etc!
Hope everyone is having a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. what a great top. I'm inspired!

    x. jill
    www.thoseghosts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Jill,
    nice to know someone is reading!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete